VA Northern California Health Care System
Accreditation and Achievements
VA Northern California Health Care System has received and maintains a number of accreditations and certifiations, and is recognized for providing high quality health care services to veterans in Northern California.
General Clinical Research Center
The General Clinical Research Center (GCRC) at the Sacramento VA Medical Center was developed through a joint venture between VA Northern California Health Care System and the University of California Davis, Health System.
The 9-bed clinical research center is designated as a GCRC by the National Center for Research Resources, part of the National Institutes of Health. The GCRC is one of 78 centers nationwide and one of only four such centers in a VA medical center. The Sacramento VA Medical Center joins VA Medical Centers in San Antonio, Little Rock and Miami, who also hold this prestigious distinction.
- Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)