VA Northern California Health Care System
Medical Staff Office (MSO)
The Medical Staff is responsible for the quality of care delivered by its members for all aspects of care. The Medical Staff practicing in the VA Northern California Health Care System (VANCHCS) at various sites (Redding, Chico, Martinez, Sacramento, McClellan, Mare Island, Fairfield, Oakland, Oakland Behavioral Health, Yreka, Oroville, and Yuba City) hereby organize themselves for self governance in conformity with the following principles:
- That the best interests of the patient must be protected by the joint effort of administrative and professional personnel;
- That all eligible patients are entitled to Medical, Neurological, Surgical, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Psychiatric (Mental Health Service including Substance Abuse), and Dental care of the highest possible quality;
- That such are enhanced by an environment in which teaching is an integral part of the program;
- That the development of new knowledge through constant study of disease, preventative health measures and education, and the process of delivering health care is essential to the creation and maintenance of a high quality patient care environment. Learn More...
New Hire Forms
The credentialing process will take approximately 30 days, so your timely submission of documents will assist in meeting your target start date. The following forms must be completed and returned using the preaddressed UPS mailing label provided to you within 5 business days to be credentialed and privileged with VANCHCS.
- VA Form 0-0459, Credentialing Release of Information Authorization (Signature Required) Fax copy of form to (707) 437-1830 & include original in package with other documents
- Pecos Enrollment Information (Signature Required)
- Declaration of Health (Signatures Required) Please have a Physician that is aware of your Physical/Mental Health sign the confirmation of Applicant's Declaration and return with package
- Supplemental Addendum to VetPro Online Application (Signature Required)
- Litigation Claims History Report (Signature Required)
- Clinical Privilege Lists (Signature Required) Must initial, indicate category I-IV (IV being the hightest) and circle the applicable site for each requested privilege.
- Scopes of Practice
- VetPro LIP Initial Application Quick Start Guide Print for use in completing VetPro process
- VA Form 10-2850, Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors - Partially completed application can be printed from VetPro once you sign and submit. You must proofread, complete all boxes and sign this form before mailing.
- VA Form 10-2850a Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists
- VA Form 10-2850c Application for Associated Health Occupations
- Additional Required Documents
Policy Statements & Bylaws