Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Nurses are at the heart of our world-class, patient-centered standard of care. Day in and day out, they go the extra mile to make a lasting difference in the lives of our Veterans and their families.
As part of Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACTs), nurses play a crucial role in Veterans’ long-term, holistic health. They work collaboratively across disciplines and treatment settings with a designated medical team—and other community resources—to help coordinate the full spectrum of patient care. And they do it all with a gentle humility and patience that keeps Veterans’ spirits lifted.
The VA Northern California Health Care System Nursing Service provide
• Quality patient care • Promotes wellness • Educates health care professionals • Health-related research
The scope of service offered by Nursing includes the following:
• Appropriate and timely assessment of patients' clinical needs • Provision of care in an appropriate setting • Discharge planning • Appropriate referral or transfer of patients for provision of continued care
Levels of care provided include:
• Individualized, planned and appropriate care that supports patient and family care, treatment, rehabilitation goals and other needs • Monitoring of response to outcomes of care, treatment, and rehabilitation • Physical, psychological, and social status assessment • Integration with treatments provided by other inpatient services • Your ability to participate and provide input into the care you receive Click here for information about the VA Northern California Health Care system Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Residency Program.